Free support worker workshop – Saint John
Do you support people with a disability?
Do you live in the Saint John area?
Do you want to be hired to provide support to a person with a disability?
Then this is the workshop for you! Come and learn about a brand new website and resource guide that are launching in February 2016 that will assist support workers in the Saint John area to work with individuals with a disability and their families.
Support Match NB is an online database that will match individuals with a disability and their family with qualified support workers in the area. This workshop will give an introductory presentation about the website. As a potential support worker you will learn:
- How to create an account,
- How to build your profile page including resume and skills and
- How to search for available positions in your area.
A resource guide will also be launched along with the website. This guide provides information for support workers on:
- Effective strategies for supporting individuals with a disability and
- Helpful resources and information to effectively support individuals with a disability.
Where: Saint John Free Public Library in Market Square
Multipurpose room upstairs (accessible space)
When: February 16th, 2016
If you are interested in attending please contact Erin Wilson at 453-4412 or email@example.com