The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is looking for a highly dedicated individual to work full-time in our office in Saint John as a key member of the Association’s Community Collection Program team.
The Business Development Assistant should be an energetic, self-motivated and professional individual who can substantially increase the quantity of goods collected through the NBACL Community Collection Program through marketing, communications, partnership development, social media, development of collection campaigns, business development and other means. Funding provided through the Federal Canada Summer Jobs Program – $11.25/hr.
Responsibilities will include:
- Business development;
- Creating and maintaining partnerships;
- Marketing and promotions activities and campaigns;
- Development of promotional materials;
- Provision of support to Director of Business Operations
Candidates should be able to demonstrate strength in the following skills:
- Interest/experience in the non-profit sector, marketing, promotion and sales;
- Strong computer skills with proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel);
- Detail oriented with strong planning, organizational skills and attentiveness to detail;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including both oral and written;
- Problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a positive team focused workplace;
- Ability to effectively use social media;
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2 for the duration of the employment; and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Check;
- The ability to communicate in both official languages will be considered an asset.
Please forward cover letter along with resume no later than 12 noon on Friday, May 25, 2018 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living
Attn: Meghan Wells
156 Westmorland Road, Suite 301
Saint John, NB E2J 2E7
Fax (506) 652-5927
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.