The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is seeking a creative, energetic, and highly-motivated individual, committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion to assist with Office Administration and support in our Provincial Office. Funding provided through the Federal Canada Summer Jobs Program.
Responsibilities will include:
- Administrative support duties for program staff which may include answering telephones, setting up conference calls, making travel and training arrangements for staff;
- Event setup and tear down support for meetings and workshops;
- Support History in Action project (archiving, scanning and saving photos etc.);
- Inventory and tracking of supplies and resources;
- Reception duties as required;
- Provide support to the NBACL Office Manager and Planning and IT Coordinator.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate strength in the following skills:
- Proven confidentiality and professionalism;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in both independent and group settings;
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications;
- Detail oriented with strong planning, organizational skills and attentiveness to detail;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including both oral and written;
Qualified candidates must also possess the following requirements:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2 for the duration of the employment; and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Check;
- The ability to communicate in both official languages will be considered an asset.
Please forward cover letter along with resume no later than Friday, May 18, 2018 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living
Attn: Cate Brander
800 Hanwell Road
Fredericton, NB E3B 2R7
Fax: (506) 453-4422
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.