The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic individual committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion. We are very proud to be a 2017 Globe and Mail Employee Recommended Workplace Award winner. Come and join our #teamawesome!
The Community Animator position is part of a new Social Inclusion Program for persons with disabilities in New Brunswick. This position will be located in Saint John and the successful candidate will work in the greater Saint John area. This is a part-time contract position for 20 hours/week.
The Community Animator will assist individuals with an intellectual disability to develop opportunities for social inclusion within their communities.
Role and Responsibilities will include:
- Development of personal support networks;
- Facilitating connections to community;
- Developing partnerships with community organizations to promote inclusive practices.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in the social sciences or human services and/or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle necessary for work related duties and willingness to travel throughout the assigned work area and province;
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to work independently and work flexible hours;
- Current and valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Check.
- Strong planning skills;
- Strong facilitation skills;
- Demonstrated stakeholder collaboration and/or partnership development;
- Knowledge and experience in community development and engagement strategies;
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and maintaining flexibility while doing so;
- Strong oral and written communication, including presentation skills;
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills;
- Previous experience in working with persons with disabilities, knowledge of inclusive practices, and knowledge of the local community will be considered assets.
Please forward cover letter and resume no later than 12 noon on Monday, January 22nd, 2018 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living Inc.
Attn: Kristi Ewart, Director of Programs
Fax: (506) 453-4422
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.