The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) has available one position for an Independent Facilitator, as part of a provincial program to support persons with disabilities aged 18 to 64. This full time contract position will be located Moncton and the successful candidate will work in the greater Moncton area and responsible for covering Region 1.
The Independent Facilitator(s) will be required to, among other things, assist adults with disabilities to:
- Develop a vision for their future;
- Identify their need for disability related supports as well as options for meeting those needs;
- Prepare an application for disability related supports and assist with the development of an individualized Disability Support Plan.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and/or demonstrate strength in the following areas:
- Highly motivated and outcome driven;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and French;
- Creative thinking skills;
- Coordination and facilitation skills;
- Works efficiently in both independent and group settings, often juggling multiple tasks or projects simultaneously;
- Interaction with individuals from diverse backgrounds, occupational groups, specialty areas and programs and successes in building capacity through community relationships and networks;
- Knowledge of community resources and the social service delivery system.
Qualified candidates will also possess the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, Human Service Counselor diploma, or combination of equivalent education and experience in the human service field;
- Valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle necessary for work related duties and the willingness and flexibility to travel throughout the regions to which assigned;
- Flexibility in working hours;
- Previous experience in working with persons with a disability, knowledge of inclusive practices and person-centered planning will be considered assets.
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
- Current and Valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Check;
- Fluently Bilingual (French and English) mandatory.
Please forward cover letter indicating language skills and fluency, along with resume no later than Friday, January 18th, 2019 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living
Attn: Ginette Arseneau, Manager of Independent facilitation
Fax: (506) 453-4422
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.