The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is seeking a dynamic, energetic and enthusiastic individual to offer on-site support, consultation, modeling and coaching for inclusion to staff working in early childhood environments. The facilitator will be part of NBACL’s Focus on Inclusion Program, supporting families and staff in building reciprocal relationships with each other, Family and Early Childhood Educators (formerly known as Early Intervention); speech therapists, as well as associations/organizations which support and advocate for very young with children with a disability and/or additional needs (i.e. Family Supports for Children With Disabilities).
As an Early Learning Inclusion Facilitator, you will offer professional development related to inclusion of all children; strategies for inclusion, principles and philosophies of inclusion as well as supporting and communicating with families and professionals. You will also provide resources, ideas and strategies to build the capacity of all staff to better include children in early learning environments.
The facilitator will be located in the Moncton region with regular travel required to early learning and childcare centres throughout the South-East and North-East regions. This is a contract position, 40 hours per week.
Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting early childhood educators in their role of fully including children with disabilities/additional needs in their programs and environments;
- Observing in early years and after school environments, documentation of observation, report writing;
- Consultation with staff, families and community partners;
- Organizing and dissemination of resources, strategies and ideas to teams within centres, community partners and families.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum of an Early Childhood Education Certificate or diploma and/or Bachelor of Elementary Education;
- Courses and/or training related to Inclusive Education and/or certificates of professional development in inclusion with additional experience working with young children who possess a disability/additional need;
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle necessary for daily work related duties and willingness to travel throughout the assigned work area and province;
- Current and Valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Check;
- Fluently Bilingual (French and English) mandatory.
- Experience with on-site consultation, facilitation and adult-learning;
- Knowledge of New Brunswick provincial standards and the provincial early learning and child care curriculum (English and French);
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and time management;
- Knowledge of communication resources and support services in various regions of the province;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a positive team focused workplace and work flexible hours;
- Ability to travel and be away overnight.
Please forward cover letter indicating language skills and fluency along with resume no later than no later than Friday, April 27, 2018 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living
Attn: Tammy MacTavish, Manager of Early Learning and Family Support
800 Hanwell Road
Fredericton, NB E3B 2R7
Fax: (506) 453-4422
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.