The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusive education. Reporting to the Manager of Inclusive Education, the Inclusive Education Coordinator will provide staff support in the areas of school-based training, research, family advocacy, event coordination, and program support for NBACL’s inclusive education initiatives.
The Inclusive Education Coordinator works with educators, parents, school district staff, and other stakeholders to enhance inclusion in schools to ensure that children with an intellectual disability are included in educational and social opportunities in their neighborhood school.
The successful candidate will be based in one of our Fredericton or Moncton Provincial Office. This is a full-time contract position until March 31, 2020.
- Assist with the implementation of strategies and techniques to facilitator the inclusion of students with disabilities within the common learning environment and other school activities;
- Develop and deliver presentations and training to educators and families (family retreats, conferences, workshops, webinars);
- Provide advocacy support to families;
- Participate in inclusive education committee and assist the manager in following-up on issues/activities arising from meetings of the Committee as required;
- Promote and coordinate events for Inclusive Education and workshops;
- Assist with planning for the National Inclusive Education Awards Ceremony.
Education & Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Education;
- Mandatory fluency in French & English (written and spoken);
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle necessary for work related duties and the willingness and flexibility to travel throughout the province;
- Current and valid Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check.
Demonstrated experience/background in:
- Classroom teaching in an inclusive setting;
- Strategies and techniques to facilitate the inclusion of students with disabilities within the common learning environment and other school activities;
- Development and delivery of training materials (workshops, webinars, etc.);
- Research and advocacy;
- Managing and delivering outcomes on multiple work plans;
- Working with persons with disabilities in a school setting.
- Coordination and facilitation skills;
- Strong writing skills (French & English);
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills, particularly with respect to complex situations;
- Ability to work efficiently in both independent and group settings, multi-task and maintain flexibility while doing so.
Please forward cover letter indicating language skills and fluency, along with resume no later than Thursday April 18th, 2019 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living
Attn: Kirk Munroe, Human Resources Generalist
800 Hanwell Road
Fredericton, NB E3B 2R7
Fax: (506) 453-4422
We thank all applicants for their interest and wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.