The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) has available one position for an Independent Facilitator, as part of a provincial program to support persons with disabilities aged 19 to 64. The successful candidate will be based in the Fredericton area and responsible for covering Region 3 (Fredericton greater area to Perth-Andover region). The Independent Facilitator is a full-time contract position.
We are very proud to be a 2017-18 Globe and Mail Employee Recommended Workplace Award winner. Come and join our #teamawesome!
The Independent Facilitator(s) will be required to, among other things, assist adults with disabilities to:
- Develop a vision for their future;
- Identify their need for disability related supports as well as options for meeting those needs;
- Prepare an application for disability related supports and assist with the development of an individualized Disability Support Plan.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and/or demonstrate strength in the following areas:
- Highly motivated and outcome driven;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Creative thinking skills;
- Coordination and facilitation skills;
- Works efficiently in both independent and group settings, often juggling multiple tasks or projects simultaneously;
- Interaction with individuals from diverse backgrounds, occupational groups, specialty areas and programs and successes in building capacity through community relationships and networks;
- Knowledge of community resources and the social service delivery system.
Qualified candidates will also possess the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, Human Service Counselor diploma, or combination of equivalent education and experience in the human service field;
- Valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle necessary for work related duties and the willingness and flexibility to travel throughout the regions to which assigned;
- Flexibility in working hours;
- Previous experience in working with persons with a disability, knowledge of inclusive practices and person-centered planning will be considered assets;
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
- Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check;
- Bilingualism (French and English) will be considered an asset.
Please forward cover letter and resume no later than Wednesday, July 18th, 2018 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living
Attn: Andrea Randon, Manager of Independent Facilitation
800 Hanwell Road
Fredericton, NB, E3B 2R7
Fax: (506) 453-4422
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.