The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, motivated individual, committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion. This individual will lead, manage and coordinate NBACL’s Social Inclusion Program that works primarily with adults and youth aged 17 and older who have an intellectual disability.
The Social Inclusion program seeks to assist people to be included in their community by: having a home of their own, developing strong personal support networks, and by becoming involved in recreation, leisure and voluntary activities that match their interests and choices. Social inclusion is about people having a sense of belonging in their communities and real opportunities to live where they choose, develop relationships, and participate in community life.
This is a fulltime salaried position located in one of our regional offices (Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Bathurst, Edmundston) but will also be required to travel throughout the province.
We are very proud to be a 2017 Globe and Mail Employee Recommended Workplace Award winner. Come and join our #teamawesome!
The Manager of Social Inclusion will be required to, among other things:
- Provide on-going staff management, direction and support to the program;
- Develop and maintain an information management system for the program;
- Develop appropriate and necessary documentation to support the creation and implementation of supported living arrangements, personnel support networks, and community connections;
- Collect data, analyze and produce reports on the program, including recommendations for program enhancements;
- Create collaborative mechanisms to ensure seamless and timely facilitation of support to individuals and their families involved in or the Social Inclusion program.
Candidates must demonstrate the following essential skills:
- Project/program management;
- Supervision and management of staff;
- Team building;
- Excellent oral and written communication;
- Problem solving skills;
- Strategic planning;
- Program evaluation.
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications and education requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences, Business Administration or related field;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a management/team leadership position;
- Extensive knowledge of community resources and the social service delivery system;
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle necessary for work related duties and the willingness and flexibility to travel throughout New Brunswick;
- Current and valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check;
- Previous experience in working with persons with a disability and knowledge of inclusive practices will be considered assets;
- Bilingualism in both official languages (French and English).
Please forward resumes and cover letter no later than Sunday, January 21st , 2018 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living
Attn: Kristi Ewart, Director of Programs
800 Hanwell Road
Fredericton, NB E3B 2R7
Fax: (506) 453-4422
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.