A Mentor (Classroom Attendant) is wanted to support students attending the Carpentry program at NBCC-St. Andrews. This position is for up to 30 hours per week.
The Mentor will provide support to student with a disability in their academic program at NBCC-St. Andrews.
Some of the following duties will be required:
- Assist the student in their academic setting and hands on skills learned in their program.
- Model tasks and expectations of the program to student
- Ensure student is learning hands on skills in a safe manner to themselves and classmates.
- Mentor is expected to do weekly reports, and note any challenges or progress the student is having in their program.
- Will work closely with and be supported by Special Admissions team at NBCC-St. Andrews, with regular check-ins from The New Brunswick Association for Community Living.
- Fulfill any other expected duties throughout the year to support the student in all their courses.
Skill Requirements Include:
- Mentor experience an asset;
- Bachelor of Education an asset;
- Experience supporting individuals with special needs an asset;
- Experience in Carpentry an asset;
- Recent criminal record and vulnerable sectors check required.
Decisions about the hiring of the attendant rest with the individual requiring support and/or their family. If you are selected, you will not be an employee of NBACL. In your role of attendant you will be considered self-employed and will be responsible for making any remittances (e.g., income tax, CPP premiums) required by law.
To apply, please send your resume by email no later than August 22, 2018 to:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living
Attn: Nick George, Transition Facilitator