The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusive education. Reporting to the Manager of Inclusive Education, the Inclusive Education Coordinator will provide staff support in the areas of school-based training, research, family advocacy, event coordination, and program support for NBACL’s inclusive education initiatives.
The successful candidate will be based in one of our provincial offices (Fredericton, Moncton, Edmundston, Bathurst, Miramichi or Saint John, NB). This is a two day / week contract position, until December 21st, 2018.
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications and education requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Education;
- Fluently Bilingual (French and English) is considered a strong asset;
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle necessary for work related duties and the willingness and flexibility to travel throughout the province;
- Current and valid Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check.
Demonstrated experience/background in:
- Classroom teaching in an inclusive setting;
- Strategies and techniques to facilitate the inclusion of students with disabilities within the classroom learning and extracurricular activities at school;
- Development and delivery of training curriculum (workshops, webinars, etc.);
- Research and advocacy;
- Managing and delivering outcomes on multiple work plans;
- Working with persons with disabilities in a school setting.
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills, particularly with respect to complex situations;
- Ability to work efficiently in both independent and group settings, multi-task and maintain flexibility while doing so;
- Coordination and facilitation skills.
Please forward cover letter indicating language skills and fluency, along with resume no later than Thursday, October 18th, 2018 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living
Attn: Sherry Jonah, Manager of Inclusive Education
800 Hanwell Road
Fredericton, NB E3B 2R7
Fax: (506) 453-4422
We thank all applicants for their interest and wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.