The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is looking for a highly dedicated individual to work full-time in our provincial office in Fredericton as a key member of the Association’s administrative support team in the areas of financial management and administrative program support.
Reporting to the NBACL Senior Finance Officer, this person is a self-motivated, energetic and professional individual who knows how to complete and provide accurate, timely and reliable financial information while managing competing priorities. This position will provide a full range of day-to-day administrative support in a highly confidential manner. Interested candidates must have a proven track record of teamwork with a strong financial and administrative background. The Program and Accounting Support is a 37.5 hour/week salaried position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Bi-weekly payroll;
- Posting of invoices to Accounts Payable, expense claims and recording to various projects;
- Issue and distribute payment to vendors as required;
- Prepare monthly bank, visa, and donation reconciliations;
- Process and receipting of charitable donations;
- Assist with year-end financial audit;
- File financial materials, invoices, monthly reports and maintain in an organized manner;
- Provide administrative support to Director of Finance and Senior Finance Officer;
- Maintaining emergency file plans accurately, keeping up-to-date and distributing to key staff;
- Preparing for meetings and providing a range of administrative support duties for program staff which will include minute taking, answering telephones, setting up conference calls with GoToMeetings, making travel and training arrangements for staff.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in accounting practices, with at least a minimum of three years relevant work experience in accounts payable and payroll, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Bookkeeping experience including a strong proficiency in “Simply Accounting” (Sage);
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with general office equipment and computer applications including Microsoft Office Applications, Outlook and Calendar;
- Demonstrated experience interacting with and supporting multiple staff members simultaneously;
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle necessary for daily work related duties and required short errands;
- Current and Valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Check;
- Bilingualism will be considered an asset.
- Proven confidentiality and professionalism in all oral and written communications and situations;
- Works efficiently in both independent and group settings, often juggling multiple tasks or projects simultaneously and maintains flexibility while doing so;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, maintaining a high degree of efficiency, detail and accuracy in all areas of work;
- Together with excellent interpersonal skills, enjoys contributing to the team’s success and learning new skills;
Please indicate in your cover letter demonstrated administrative experience interacting with and supporting multiple staff members.
Please forward cover letter and resume no later than 12 noon, Thursday, March 2nd, 2017 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living Inc.
Attn: Meagan, Henheffer, Acting Director of Finance
Email: email@example.com Fax: (506) 453-4422
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.