The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic individual committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion. The Supported Living Facilitator position is part of the Social Inclusion Program for persons with disabilities in New Brunswick. This full time position will be located in Saint John and the successful candidates will work in the greater Saint John area. This is a full time contract position based on the needs of the individuals we currently support and can include a flexible number of hours depending on the number of individuals the successful candidates support.
The Supported Living Facilitator will assist individuals with an intellectual disability to develop opportunities for social inclusion within their communities. This includes the development of personal support networks, facilitating connections to community and the monitoring of supported living arrangements.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in the social sciences or human services and/or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience working with individuals with a disability;
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
- Valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle necessary for work related duties and willingness to travel throughout the assigned work area and province;
- Current and Valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Check;
- Ability to work independently in a positive team focused environment and work flexible hours;
- Bilingualism will be considered an asset.
Essential Skills Required:
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and maintaining flexibility while doing so;
- Ability to build strong relationships with experience in mediation;
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills;
- Previous experience in working with persons with disabilities, knowledge of inclusive practices, and knowledge of the local community will be considered assets.
Please forward cover letter indicating language skills and fluency along with resume no later Sunday, November 18th, 2018 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living Inc.
Attn: Tabatha Bois, Manager of Social Inclusion
Fax: (506) 453-4422
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.