The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) in Fredericton, NB is currently accepting applications for a volunteer opportunity. A woman with Cerebral Palsy who resides at a Nursing Home in Fredericton is looking for a volunteer to help her partake in community activities. She is kind, motivated and social. The individual is very open to any schedule that would work best for the volunteer.
Interests: The individual enjoys going for walks (using her walker), visiting the Regent Mall, making crafts, playing bingo and going to Tim Hortons for a coffee.
- Experience volunteering or supporting individuals with an intellectual disability or other vulnerable person is considered a strong asset (not a requirement);
- Must have a clear criminal & vulnerable record check (free/must be willing to obtain);
- Must have a clear Social Development check (free/must be willing to obtain);
- Must strongly support the values of inclusion, equality, community participation, respect, empowerment, independence, independent living, etc.;
- Be reliable, punctual & friendly;
- Respect for individual integrity;
- Be inclusive-minded;
- Having a vehicle is considered a strong asset