NBACL is celebrating its 60th anniversary this year! One of the events to mark the occasion is recognition of the province’s Champions of Inclusion, those community members who have made a significant contribution toward the goal of full inclusion for all citizens.
The Champion of Inclusion award is NBACL’s premier award, and will be presented to individuals or groups who have made an outstanding contribution to the lives of children and adults with an intellectual disability and their families.
Our Association, a Community Living movement, has for the past 60 years, worked to ensure that all citizens, including children and adults with an intellectual disability live, learn, work, participate and contribute in every aspect of community life. New Brunswick has been a beacon to other countries and jurisdictions around inclusive values and principals.
We know there are people who have made an outstanding contribution to the community living movement, and we want to give them the recognition they deserve by presenting them with a Champion of Inclusion Award. There will be a minimum of one Francophone certificate and a minimum of one Anglophone certificate awarded.
The Awards will be presented in different categories such as:
– Family: a New Brunswick family that exemplifies the values and practices of inclusion
– Recreation and Healthy Living: a person, team, group or organization that strives to practice inclusive recreation
– Employment: a New Brunswick employer who has committed to inclusive hiring practices
– Volunteer: an outstanding person or group of people who have donated their time to inclusion and community living movement
– Youth: a person or group of young people who are leaders in inclusion in New Brunswick
Leaders in the Community Living Movement, government leaders, professionals, families, community advocates, supporters of NBACL and our remarkable keynote speaker, Shelley Moore will be attending the Champions of Inclusion Awards Gala.
The Awards reception and presentation takes place on Friday, October 27 at the Fredericton Inn. Reception at 6 p, presentation starts at 7 pm.
For more information contact NBACL, toll free, at 1-866-622-2548.