The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic individual committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion.
The Community and Supported Living Facilitator position is part of a Social Inclusion Program for persons with disabilities in New Brunswick. This position will be located in Moncton and the successful candidate will work in the Moncton area. This is a full-time contract position.
The Community and Supported Living Facilitator will assist individuals with an intellectual disability to develop opportunities for social inclusion within their communities.
Role and Responsibilities will include:
- Development of personal support networks;
- Facilitating connections to community;
- Monitoring of supported living arrangements;
- Developing partnerships with community organizations to promote inclusive practices.
- Strong planning and facilitation skills;
- Demonstrated stakeholder collaboration and/or partnership development;
- Knowledge and experience in community development and engagement strategies;
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and maintaining flexibility while doing so;
- Strong oral and written communication, including presentation skills;
- Ability to build strong relationships with experience in mediation;
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills;
- Previous experience in working with persons with disabilities, knowledge of inclusive practices, and knowledge of the local community will be considered assets.
- Fluently Bilingual (French and English) mandatory.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in the social sciences or human services and/or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle necessary for work related duties and willingness to travel throughout the assigned work area and province;
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to work independently in a positive team focused environment and work flexible hours;
- Current and valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Check.
Please forward cover letter indicating language skills and fluency along with resume no later than Sunday, February 3rd, 2019 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living Inc.
Attn: Tabatha Bois, Manager of Social Inclusion
Fax: (506) 453-4422
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.