The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is looking for two enthusiastic, energetic individuals committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion. The Community Animator position is part of a Social Inclusion Program for persons with disabilities in New Brunswick. These positions will be located in Bathurst and Edmundston. These are part-time contract positions for 20 hours/week.
The Community Animator will assist individuals with an intellectual disability to develop opportunities for social inclusion within their communities. This includes the development of personal support networks, facilitating connections to community and developing partnerships with community organizations to promote inclusive practices.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate strength in the following areas:
- Stakeholder collaboration and/or partnership development;
- Community development and engagement strategies
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks;
- Oral and written communication, including presentations;
- Problem solving and creative thinking skills;
- Previous experience in working with persons with disabilities, knowledge of inclusive practices, and knowledge of the local community will be considered assets.
Qualified candidates will also possess the following requirements:
- Post-secondary education in the social sciences or human services and/or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle necessary for work related duties and willingness to travel throughout the assigned work area and province;
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to work independently and work flexible hours;
- Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Check;
- Fluently Bilingual (French and English) mandatory.
Please forward cover letter and resume no later than Thursday, July 6th, 2017 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living Inc.
Attn: Roxane Perreault, Manager of Social Inclusion
Fax: (506) 453-4422
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.