The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic individual committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion. We are very proud to be a 2017 Globe and Mail Employee Recommended Workplace Award winner. Come and join our #teamawesome!
The Community Animator position is part of a Social Inclusion Program for persons with disabilities in New Brunswick. This position will be located in Bathurst and the successful candidate will work in the Bathurst area. This is a part-time contract position for 20 hours/week.
The Community Animator will assist individuals with an intellectual disability to develop opportunities for social inclusion within their communities.
Role and Responsibilities will include:
• Development of personal support networks;
• Facilitating connections to community;
• Developing partnerships with community organizations to promote inclusive practices.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Post-secondary education in the social sciences or human services and/or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle necessary for work related duties and willingness to travel throughout the assigned work area and province;
• Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
• Ability to work independently and work flexible hours;
• Current and valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Check.
• Strong planning skills;
• Strong facilitation skills;
• Demonstrated stakeholder collaboration and/or partnership development;
• Knowledge and experience in community development and engagement strategies;
• Excellent time management skills, the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and maintaining flexibility while doing so;
• Strong oral and written communication, including presentation skills;
• Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills;
• Previous experience in working with persons with disabilities, knowledge of inclusive practices, and knowledge of the local community will be considered assets.
• Fluently Bilingual (French and English) mandatory.
Please forward cover letter and resume no later than 12 noon, Thursday, November 16th, 2017 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living Inc.
Attn: Roxanne Perreault, Manager of Social Inclusion
Fax: (506) 453-4422
We thank all applicants for their interest and wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.