The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic individual committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion. We are very proud to be a 2017 Globe and Mail Employee Recommended Workplace Award winner. Come and join our #teamawesome!
The Community Animator position is part of a Social Inclusion Program for persons with disabilities in New Brunswick. This position will be located in Edmundston and the successful candidate will work in the Edmundston area. This is a part-time contract position for 20 hours/week.
The Community Animator will assist individuals with an intellectual disability to develop opportunities for social inclusion within their communities.
Role and Responsibilities will include:
- Development of personal support networks;
- Facilitating connections to community;
- Developing partnerships with community organizations to promote inclusive practices.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in the social sciences or human services and/or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle necessary for work related duties and willingness to travel throughout the assigned work area and province;
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to work independently and work flexible hours;
- Current and valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Check.
- Strong planning skills;
- Strong facilitation skills;
- Demonstrated stakeholder collaboration and/or partnership development;
- Knowledge and experience in community development and engagement strategies;
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and maintaining flexibility while doing so;
- Strong oral and written communication, including presentation skills;
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills;
- Previous experience in working with persons with disabilities, knowledge of inclusive practices, and knowledge of the local community will be considered assets.
- Fluently Bilingual (French and English) mandatory.
Please forward cover letter and resume no later than 12 noon, Friday, September 29th, 2017 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living Inc.
Attn: Roxane Perreault, Manager of Social Inclusion
Fax: (506) 453-4422
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.