The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic individual committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion. The Community Facilitator position is part of a Social Inclusion Program for persons with disabilities in New Brunswick. This position will be located in Edmundston and the successful candidate will work in the Edmundston area. This is a full-time contract position for 40 hours/week until March 31, 2021.
Under the direction of the Social Inclusion Coordinator and in accordance with the NBACL’s stated purposes, the Community Facilitator is responsible to assist individuals with an intellectual disability, cooperatively with their families and friends, to develop opportunities for social participation within their communities, which includes the development of connections to community. The Community Facilitator will consider and include personalized and flexible disability supports that will provide real opportunities for individuals to live meaningful lives in the community.
- Assist individuals in identifying their interests and goals related to community participation;
- Assist people with the process of developing and maintaining their involvement in recreation, leisure and volunteer groups and activities;
- Provide ongoing monitoring of community involvement and connections to ensure involvement in recreation, leisure and/or volunteer groups and activities is maintained;
- Development of personal support networks:
- Assist individuals and their families to establish a network and to identify possible leading roles of network members (coordinator of meetings, financial support, etc.);
- Provide information and education to the individual, their family and natural supports around the role and value of a personal support network;
- Developing partnerships with community organizations to promote inclusive practices. This includes presentations to community partners and agencies to build awareness of NBACL supports.
- Fluently Bilingual (French and English) mandatory;
- Post-secondary education in the social sciences or human services and/or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience working directly with individuals with a disability and their families is considered a strong asset;
- Valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle necessary for work related duties and willingness to travel throughout the assigned work area and province;
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to work independently and work flexible hours;
- Current and Valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Sector Check;
The New Brunswick Association for Community Living is a progressive, employee recommended and team-oriented organization that promotes a strong work-life balance and offers a comprehensive benefits package upon hire.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward resume with a cover letter indicating language skills and fluency to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living Inc.
Attn: Kirk Munroe, Human Resources & Administration Manager
800 Hanwell Road, Fredericton, NB E3B 2R7
Fax: (506) 453-4422