The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is leading in the creation of opportunities for people with an intellectual or developmental disability to live full and valued lives in all aspects of society and is seeking a dynamic, energetic and enthusiastic individual committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion. The Community & Supported Living Facilitator position is part of the Social Inclusion Program for persons with disabilities in New Brunswick. The successful candidate will be located in Moncton and will work in the Greater Moncton Area
Under the direction of the Social Inclusion Coordinator and in accordance with the NBACL’s stated purposes, the Community & Supported Living Facilitator is responsible for providing monitoring support to individuals who have an intellectual or developmental disability living in their own home. Additionally in cooperation with their families and friends (personal support network), develop opportunities for social participation within their communities.
- Carry out the implementation and on-going monitoring support to individuals who have an intellectual or developmental disability and are living in a home of their own;
- Provision of assistance with on-going support worker staff and financial management including assisting individuals, families and personal support networks to:
- Recruit, train, monitor and pay support workers or support roommates hired under the supported living plan;
- Prepare and submit documents to the Department of Social Development regarding use of Disability Support Program (DSP) funding;
- Assist individuals to become more involved in their communities by exploring their interests and identifying the appropriate community groups to establish a connection;
- Provide ongoing monitoring of community involvement and connections to ensure involvement in recreation, leisure and/or volunteer groups and activities is maintained;
- Providing information and education to the individual, their family and natural supports around the role and value of a personal support network.
- Post-secondary education in the social sciences or human services and/or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience working directly with individuals with a disability and their families is considered a strong asset.
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
- Valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle necessary for work related duties and willingness to travel throughout the assigned work area and province;
- Current and Valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Check;
- Ability to work independently in a positive team focused environment and work flexible hours;
- Bilingualism (Written & Spoken French and & English) is mandatory.
The New Brunswick Association for Community Living is a progressive, employee recommended and team-oriented organization that promotes a strong work-life balance and offers a comprehensive benefits package upon hire.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward resume with a cover letter to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living Inc.
Attn: Kirk Munroe, Human Resources & Administration Manager
800 Hanwell Road
Fredericton, NB E3B 2R7
Fax: (506) 453-4422