Inclusion NB is leading the creation of opportunities for individuals with an intellectual or developmental disability and their families to live full and valued lives in all aspects of society and is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic individual committed to the vision, values, and philosophy of inclusion. Under the direction of the Social Inclusion Coordinator and in accordance with the Inclusion NB’ stated purposes, the Community & Supported Living Facilitator is responsible for providing monitoring support to individuals who have an intellectual or developmental disability living in their own home. Additionally, in cooperation with their families and friends (personal support network), develop opportunities for social participation within their communities.
Inclusion NB is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible, and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our organization’s success. As part of this commitment, Inclusion NB will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations.
- Assist individuals to become more involved in their communities by exploring their interests and identifying the appropriate community groups to establish a connection;
- Carry out the implementation and on-going monitoring support to individuals who have an intellectual or developmental disability and are living in a home of their own;
- Provide information and education to the individual, their family and natural supports around the role and value of a personal support network.
- Assist individuals, families and personal support networks to:
- Recruit, train, monitor and pay support workers or support roommates hired under the supported living plan;
- Prepare and submit documents to the Department of Social Development regarding use of Disability Support Program (DSP) funding;
- Provide ongoing monitoring of community involvement and connections to ensure involvement in recreation, leisure and/or volunteer groups and activities is maintained.
- Post-secondary education in the social sciences or human services and/or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience working directly with individuals with a disability and their families is considered a strong asset.
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
- Valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle necessary for work related duties and willingness to travel throughout the assigned work area and province;
- Current and Valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Check;
- Ability to work independently in a positive team focused environment and work flexible hours;
- Bilingualism (Written & Spoken French and & English) is mandatory.
Inclusion NB is a progressive, employee recommended and team-oriented organization that promotes a strong work-life balance and offers a comprehensive benefits package upon hire including:
- Flex Schedules (Including the option for Hybrid work)
- Work Life / Balance
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Vacation
- Mental Health Days
- Professional Development
- Free Parking
- Paid Lunch Breaks
- Group Insurance Benefits
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward resume with a cover letter to the:
Attn: Kirk Munroe, Human Resources & Administration Manager
800 Hanwell Road
Fredericton, NB E3B 2R7
Fax: (506) 453-4422
If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process and/or to perform essential job functions, please contact Kirk Munroe.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.