The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is seeking a dynamic, energetic and enthusiastic individual committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion. The Employment Coordinator will provide transition to employment services for individuals with intellectual/development disabilities in the Miramichi region.
The successful candidate will provide job coaching and job developing services to assist individuals with intellectual/ developmental disabilities to make a smooth transition to the local labour force.
The Employment Coordinator position will be located in Miramichi but will also be required to provide itinerant service in Néguac on a weekly basis as needed. This is a contract position, 36.25 hours per week.
Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in developing a mutually agreed upon Employment Action Plan;
- Exploring career choices, offer job search & interview techniques, assist in resume and cover letter writing, job search preparation, utilize person centered planning tools;
- Working with PETL employment counselors, Social Development case managers, community agencies and employers to facilitate a good job match;
- Eliminate barriers to employment by working with the individual and potential employers;
- Facilitate workplace accommodations as required;
- Provide follow-up support once employment has been secured.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor of Arts, Social Sciences, Education or Counselling and one year of counseling related work experience for a total combination of 5 years or a minimum post-Secondary Diploma/Certificate in related disciplines of Social Science, Education, or Counselling and three years of counseling-related work experience for a total combination of 5 years;
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, comprehensive internet searches and the ability to learn new information management systems;
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle necessary for daily work related duties and ability to travel within the service area;
- Current and Valid Criminal Record & Vulnerable Persons Check;
- Fluently Bilingual (French and English) mandatory.
- Knowledge of regional labour market information, techniques in job search or job search expertise;
- Knowledge of Employment Service Delivery Model;
- Knowledge of Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Development Practitioners and Code of Ethics of the Canadian Counseling and Psychotherapy Association;
- Techniques in resume writing, interviewing and accessing job postings;
- Coordination and facilitation skills;
- Experience working with individuals with a disability, preferably an intellectual disability;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required in both French and English;
- Results oriented;
- Ability to work independently.
Please forward cover letter and resume no later than Wednesday, October 23rd , 2019 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living
Attn: Kirk Munroe, Human Resources Generalist
800 Hanwell Road
Fredericton, NB E3B 2R7
Fax: (506) 453-4422
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.