The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is leading in the creation of opportunities for people with an intellectual or developmental disability to live full and valued lives in all aspects of society and is seeking a dynamic, energetic and enthusiastic individual committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion.
The Employment Coordinator will provide transition to employment services for individuals with intellectual/development disabilities in the Miramichi region.
The successful candidate will provide job coaching and job developing services to assist individuals with intellectual/ developmental disabilities to make a smooth transition to the local labour force.
The Employment Coordinator position will be located in Miramichi but will also be required to provide itinerant service in Néguac on a weekly basis as needed. This is a contract position to cover a maternity leave and will begin in January 2021.
- Assisting in developing a mutually agreed upon Employment Action Plan;
- Exploring career choices, offer job search & interview techniques, assist in resume and cover letter writing, job search preparation, utilize person centered planning tools;
- Working with PTEL employment counselors, Social Development case managers, community agencies and employers to facilitate a good job match;
- Eliminate barriers to employment by working with the individual and potential employers;
- Facilitate workplace accommodations as required;
- Provide follow-up support once employment has been secured
- Minimum Bachelor of Arts, Social Sciences, Education or Counselling and one year of counseling related work experience for a total combination of 5 years or a minimum post-Secondary Diploma/Certificate in related disciplines of Social Science, Education, or Counselling and three years of counseling-related work experience for a total combination of 5 years;
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, comprehensive internet searches and the ability to learn new information management systems;
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle necessary for daily work related duties and ability to travel within the service area;
- Current and Valid Criminal Record & Vulnerable Persons Check;
- Fluently Bilingual (French and English) mandatory.
- Knowledge of regional labour market information, techniques in job search or job search expertise;
- Knowledge of Employment Service Delivery Model;
- Knowledge of Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Development Practitioners and Code of Ethics of the Canadian Counseling and Psychotherapy Association;
- Techniques in resume writing, interviewing and accessing job postings;
- Coordination and facilitation skills;
- Experience working with individuals with a disability, preferably an intellectual disability;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required in both French and English;
- Results oriented;
- Ability to work independently
The New Brunswick Association for Community Living is a progressive, employee recommended and team-oriented organization that promotes a strong work-life balance and offers a comprehensive benefits package upon hire.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward resume with a cover letter to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living Inc.
Attn: Kirk Munroe, Human Resources & Administration Manager
800 Hanwell Road
Fredericton, NB E3B 2R7
Fax: (506) 453-4422