The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is leading the creation of opportunities for individuals with an intellectual or developmental disability and their families to live full and valued lives in all aspects of society and is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic individual committed to the vision, values, and philosophy of inclusion. The Employment Counsellor will provide a transition to employment services for individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities in the Miramichi region.
The successful candidate will provide job coaching and job developing services to assist individuals with intellectual/ developmental disabilities to make a smooth transition to the local labor force.
The Employment Counsellor position will be located in Miramichi but will also be required to provide itinerant service in Néguac on a weekly basis as needed. This is a contract position to cover a maternity leave until February 2022.
- Assisting in developing a mutually agreed upon Employment Action Plan;
- Exploring career choices, offer job search & interview techniques, assist in resume and cover letter writing, job search preparation, utilize person-centered planning tools;
- Working with PETL employment counselors, Social Development case managers, community agencies, and employers to facilitate a good job match;
- Eliminate barriers to employment by working with the individual and potential employers;
- Facilitate workplace accommodations as required;
- Provide follow-up support once employment has been secured.
- Minimum Bachelor of Arts, Social Sciences, Education or Counselling and one year of counseling-related work experience for a total combination of 5 years or a minimum post-Secondary Diploma/Certificate in related disciplines of Social Science, Education, or Counselling and three years of counseling-related work experience for a total combination of 5 years;
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, comprehensive internet searches, and the ability to learn new information management systems;
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle necessary for daily work-related duties and ability to travel within the service area;
- Current and Valid Criminal Record & Vulnerable Persons Check;
- Fluently Bilingual (French and English) is mandatory.
The New Brunswick Association for Community Living is a progressive, employee-recommended, and team-oriented organization that promotes a strong work-life balance and offers a comprehensive benefits package upon hire.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your resume with a cover letter to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living Inc.
Attn: Kirk Munroe, Human Resources & Administration Manager
800 Hanwell Road
Fredericton, NB E3B 2R7
Fax: (506) 453-4422