The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is leading the creation of opportunities for individuals with an intellectual or developmental disability and their families to live full and valued lives in all aspects of society and is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic individual committed to the vision, values, and philosophy of inclusion. Reporting to the Director of Youth & Adult Programs, the Employment Outreach Coordinator is responsible and accountable for the successful planning and delivery of the Ready, Willing and Able (RWA) Initiative. The RWA is a major national initiative with significant Federal Government funding designed to build on and increase employer capacity and demand to hire people with developmental disabilities, link employers with employment agencies and supports, work in partnership with schools, post-secondary institutions, the business community, and assist in the development of education and public awareness tools and efforts that promote the increased employment of people with developmental disabilities. The overall RWA program is by managed Inclusion Canada which has oversight on all RWA activities.
This is a full-time contract position until September 30, 2022, located in Moncton.
- Undertake development of strategic partnerships with community employment agencies in order to adequately meet hiring demand;
- Develop and/or expand partnerships with community employment agencies to ensure equitable access to hiring demand by both persons with an intellectual disability and persons on the autism spectrum;
- Implement the necessary labor market bridging tactics and strategies needed to expand recruitment and hiring of people on the autism spectrum or with an intellectual disability;
- Conduct outreach and follow up to businesses, across various sectors and industries, to promote the value of inclusive hiring;
- Provide current and accurate information on intellectual disability and/or on the autism spectrum in the workplace for employer presentations and marketing collateral for business groups to promote the employment of people with an intellectual disability or on the autism spectrum;
- Provide critical systems navigation supports to job-seeking adolescents, young adults, and adults with an intellectual disability or autism by connecting them to relevant employment supports and services in their community with the ultimate aim of assisting individuals in obtaining competitive employment;
- Participate in national RWA communications and marketing campaign activities, as required, including use of social media, LinkedIn, etc.;
- Liaise and maintain working relationship with RWA National Team.
- Post-secondary education in a related field (e.g. Human Resources, Social Services, Disability Studies, Education, Business) or equivalent experience;
- Commitment to full inclusion for people with an intellectual disability or on the autism spectrum, including the right to employment and economic participation in the community;
- At least 3 years experience at a senior level in employment equity, diversity, and inclusion or experience in a related field;
- Knowledge of issues and barriers faced by people with an intellectual disability or on the autism spectrum in accessing the labor market is a must;
- Strong knowledge of local labor market issues and trends;
- Strong knowledge of the various local community-based employment organizations and/or programs;
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, and public speaking skills;
- Demonstrated success and experience working in a community development framework;
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications and client relationship management software;
- Aptitude for learning new online systems and tools;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle;
- Bilingualism (French & English) is considered mandatory.
The New Brunswick Association for Community Living is a progressive, employee-recommended, and team-oriented organization that promotes a strong work-life balance and offers a comprehensive benefits package upon hire.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your resume with a cover letter no later than 4pm on March 28, 2022 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living Inc.
Attn: Kirk Munroe, Human Resources & Administration Manager
800 Hanwell Road
Fredericton, NB E3B 2R7
Fax: (506) 453-4422
NBACL is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible, and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our organization’s success. We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.