The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL), in partnership with the Fredericton Association for Community Living (FACL), is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic and empathetic individual committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion. We are very proud to be a 2017 Globe and Mail Employee Recommended Workplace Award winner. Come and join our #teamawesome!
The Family Support Facilitator will provide staff support and coordination of activities related to Family Support and Family Leadership for families who have children with an intellectual disability.
The facilitator position will be located in Fredericton and will also be required to travel throughout the province. This is a contract position, 40 hours per week.
Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- Organizing and facilitating information sessions, training, and workshops for families;
- Developing and maintaining local family support networks;
- Providing support to families and individuals with an intellectual disability;
- Supporting families and individuals with an intellectual disability to have strong voices;
- Connecting families to relevant information and resources.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in the social sciences or Human Services and/or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Extensive and demonstrated knowledge of local community resources and the social service delivery system;
- Previous experience in working with persons with disabilities, knowledge of inclusive practices, and previous experience in a facilitator role will be considered assets;
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle necessary for daily work related duties and the willingness and flexibility to travel throughout the Greater Fredericton area;
- Current and valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check;
- Bilingualism (French and English) is mandatory.
Essential Skills Required:
- Coordination and facilitation skills;
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- Ability to build strong relationships with experience in mediation and conflict resolution;
- Results oriented;
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills;
- Knowledge of available community services and supports in various regions of the province;
- Ability to work independently, flexible hours as well as in a positive team focused workplace;
- Ability to travel and be away overnight.
Please forward cover letter clearly indicating language skills and fluency, along with resume no later than Sunday, July 30th, 2017 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living
Attn: Tammy MacTavish, Manager of Early Learning and Family Support
800 Hanwell Road
Fredericton, NB E3B 2R7
Fax: (506) 453-4422
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.