The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is leading in the creation of opportunities for people with an intellectual or developmental disability to live full and valued lives in all aspects of society. The Learning Institute (‘the Institute’) a division of NBACL, is a new NB based organization, focused on educating and training those who support persons with intellectual or developmental disabilities. The Institute provides training packages and programs that guide participants through a step-by-step process to develop a workforce responsive to the needs of people with disabilities.
The Institute is seeking a dynamic, energetic, and enthusiastic individual committed to the vision, values, and philosophy of inclusion. The Managing Director is responsible for directing the vision, strategy, growth, and resource management of the Institute.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a long-term strategic plan, in consultation with NBACL’s Executive Team, focused on growth including opportunities to acquire new and retain existing users of the Institute;
- Develop and lead an annual operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the Institute;
- Establish and build strong working relationships with key sectors and partners;
- Liaise with the Marketing & Communications Department to promote the activities of the Institute, its programs, and goals to stakeholders to grow and enhance the reputation and the awareness of the Institute;
- Liaise with the Fund Development Department to research funding sources, oversee the development of fundraising plan and assist with writing funding proposals to increase the funds of the institute;
- Provide regular updates and make recommendations to aid in the long-term and short-term decision making for the Institute;
- Coordinate the development of an annual training plan including the schedule, description of training, curriculum, and identification of trainers;
- Oversee the development of training curriculum;
- Ensure that trainings are delivered dynamically, effectively and are meeting the needs of the training audience;
- Manage the approved annual budget and ensure adequate funding is available for the operations.
- Master’s degree in business administration, marketing, finance or related field, or combination of education and work experience;
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience in business development, sales, or marketing experience;
- Extensive senior management experience in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of instructional design, post-secondary instruction, educational technology applications, program and curriculum evaluation, and instructor development activities;
- Knowledge of traditional and modern training methods (including workshops and e-learning);
- Experience in fundraising management, grant writing, and public relations;
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Demonstrated abilities in research, communications, and presentations skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and creative thinking skills;
- A knowledge of and passion for disability related issues;
- Bilingualism (Written & Spoken French and & English) is considered a strong asset.
The New Brunswick Association for Community Living is a progressive, employee-recommended, and team-oriented organization that promotes a strong work-life balance and offers a comprehensive benefits package upon hire.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your resume with a cover letter no later than 4 pm on July 2, 2021 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living Inc.
Attn: Kirk Munroe, Human Resources & Administration Manager
800 Hanwell Road
Fredericton, NB E3B 2R7
Fax: (506) 453-4422