The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is leading in the creation of opportunities for people with an intellectual or developmental disability to live full and valued lives in all aspects of society and is seeking a dynamic, energetic and enthusiastic individual committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion. The Instructional Designer and Project Manager will guide the design and implementation of an online learning platform for a variety of courses and content developed by NBACL. The Instructional Designer and Project Manager will use knowledge of emerging and promising practices and research in online pedagogy and technology-enabled learning (TEL) to assist in the creation of accessible, engaging, and equitable online learning opportunities.
This a contract position, 35 hours per week until March 31st, 2021.
Role & Responsibilities
- Plan and oversee a variety of projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget;
- Manage overall projects to ensure a consistent training experience that directly impacts participant success;
- Support NBACL with course design for remote course delivery;
- Design, develop and implement online courses and programs using instructional design methodologies and instructional tools using existing developed course content;
- Evaluate existing instructional material for conversion to online;
- Design learning that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners, including the demonstrated understanding of cultural differences that may apply;
- Design and build innovative learning solutions to best suit the content and audience;
- Research, recommend and implement new learning and teaching technologies;
- Develop comprehensive measurement strategies for all learning solutions to demonstrate business impact and effectiveness;
- Work collaboratively with Program Directors, Program Managers, subject matter experts and Instructors;
- Consult with Program Directors, Program Managers and other team members to support as they design, develop, implement, and evaluate online learning solutions.
- Education / training in instructional design or related discipline;
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience developing online, hybrid and/or blended learning solutions;
- 2 or more years of experience working in a project-based environment or specifically having experience creating eLearning materials.
- Strong computer skills are required: in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Working knowledge of online learning technologies including live videoconferencing and multimedia content creation tools as well as Learning Management Systems;
- Strong project management and leadership skills to achieve design target timelines;
- Hands-on experience in the areas of: instructional design, post-secondary instruction, educational technology applications, program and curriculum evaluation and instructor development activities;
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle necessary for daily work-related duties and ability to travel within the service area;
- Current and Valid Criminal Record & Vulnerable Persons Check;
- Fluently Bilingual (French and English) is considered a strong asset.
The New Brunswick Association for Community Living is a progressive, employee recommended and team-oriented organization that promotes a strong work-life balance and offers a comprehensive benefits package upon hire.
Please forward cover letter indicating language skills and fluency along with resume no later than Wednesday, October 14th, 2020 to:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living
Attn: Kirk Munroe, Human Resources Generalist
800 Hanwell Road
Fredericton, NB E3B 2R7
Fax: (506) 453-4422
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.