The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic individual committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion. The Social Inclusion Coordinator position is part of a Social Inclusion Program for persons with disabilities in New Brunswick. This position will be located in Saint John and the successful candidate will live and work in the Saint John region. This is a contract position until March 31st, 2017 with the possibility of extension, 40 hours per week.
The Social Inclusion Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination of the Social Inclusion Program within the Saint John region and will assist individuals with an intellectual disability to develop opportunities for social inclusion within their communities. This includes the development of personal support networks, facilitating connections to community and/or the development of supported living arrangements including planning, implementation and monitoring of such arrangements.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate strength in the following areas:
- Planning, development and implementation;
- Staff management and support;
- Stakeholder relations and/or partnership development;
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks;
- Oral and written communication, including mediation;
- Problem solving and creative thinking skills;
- Previous experience in working with persons with disabilities, knowledge of inclusive practices, and knowledge of the local community will be considered assets.
Qualified candidates will also possess the following requirements:
- Post-secondary education in the social sciences or human services and/or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle necessary for work related duties and willingness to travel throughout the assigned work area and province;
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to work independently and work flexible hours including evenings or weekends as required;
- Current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Check;
- Bilingualism will be considered a strong asset.
Please forward resumes and cover letter no later than Sunday March 5, 2017 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living Inc.
Attn: Danny Soucy, Manager of Social Inclusion
800 Hanwell Road
Fredericton, NB E3B 2R7
Fax: (506) 453-4422
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.