he New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic individual committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion. The Supported Living Facilitator position is part of the Social Inclusion Program for persons with disabilities in New Brunswick. This full time contract position will be located Moncton and the successful candidate will work in the greater Moncton area.
Under the direction of the Social Inclusion Coordinator and in accordance with the NBACL’s stated purposes, the Supported Living Facilitator is responsible for providing monitoring support to individuals who have an intellectual or developmental disability living in their own home. Additionally in cooperation with their families and friends (personal support network), develop opportunities for social participation within their communities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Carry out the implementation and on-going monitoring support to individuals who have an intellectual or developmental disability and are living in a home of their own;
- Provision of assistance with on-going support worker staff and financial management including assisting individuals, families and personal support networks to:
- Recruit, train, monitor and pay support workers or support roommates hired under the supported living plan;
- Prepare and submit documents to the Department of Social Development regarding use of Disability Support Program (DSP) funding.
- Assist individuals to become more involved in their communities by exploring their interests and identifying the appropriate community groups to establish a connection;
- Provide ongoing monitoring of community involvement and connections to ensure involvement in recreation, leisure and/or volunteer groups and activities is maintained;
- Providing information and education to the individual, their family and natural supports around the role and value of a personal support network;
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in the social sciences or human services and/or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience working directly with individuals with a disability and their families is considered a strong asset.
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
- Valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle necessary for work related duties and willingness to travel throughout the assigned work area and province;
- Current and Valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Check;
- Ability to work independently in a positive team focused environment and work flexible hours;
- Bilingualism will be considered an asset but is not required for this specific position
Essential Skills Required:
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills;
- Previous experience in working with persons with disabilities, knowledge of inclusive practices, and knowledge of the local community will be considered assets.
Please forward cover letter along with resume no later Sunday, December 16th, 2018 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living Inc.
Attn: Tabatha Bois, Manager of Social Inclusion
Fax: (506) 453-4422
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.