The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is seeking a dynamic, energetic and enthusiastic individual committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion. The Transition Facilitator will provide transition to employment services – transition to work for high school students with an intellectual disability and employment counseling services – moving on to post-secondary studies for individuals with an intellectual disability. The successful candidate will work with high school students (grade 10, 11, and 12) with an intellectual disability in helping develop an action plan and provide job preparation activities for transitioning to work directly from high school as well as students (youth up to 30 years of age) with an intellectual disability wanting to pursue post-secondary studies at NBCC or CCNB.
The Transition Facilitator position will be located in the Acadian Peninsula, NB but will also be required to travel and provide service to identified high schools of participating students. This is a contract position, 40 hours per week.
Responsibilities & Responsibilities include:
- Organizing, coordinating and managing a person centered transition planning process;
- Identifying and supporting the goals, needs, interests and dreams of high school students with an intellectual disability;
- Identify and approach community employers to arrange work experience, summer employment, etc.;
- Provide students the opportunity to learn basic workplace essential skills;
- Ensure follow-up and supports are provided to ensure the transition plan is being carried out, ongoing monitoring;
- Identify and secure external job coaches to provide on-the-job support during work experience placements;
- Refer students to local employment agencies and/or government external service providers;
- Access government funding for supports and services for the student.
- Fluently Bilingual (French and English) mandatory;
- Minimum post-Secondary Diploma/Certificate in related disciplines of Social Sciences, Education, or Human Services and three years of counseling-related work experience for a total combination of 5 years; or a Bachelor of Arts, Social Sciences, or Education and one year of counseling related work experience for a total combination of 5 years; or a or an equivalent combination of education and experience providing the requisite skills and abilities may be considered;
- Strong computer skills, ability to use Microsoft Office applications, comprehensive internet searches and the ability to learn new information management systems;
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle necessary for daily work related duties and ability to travel throughout the province;
- Current and Valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Sector Check.
- Knowledge of provincial labour market information, techniques in job search or knowledge of job search experts;
- Techniques in resume and cover letter writing, and interviewing;
- Knowledge in Job banks and resources to access job postings;
- Knowledge of Federal/Provincial programs and services;
- Coordination and facilitation skills;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both official languages are required;
- Demonstrated networking and collaborative team building skills;
- Ability to work independently and results oriented.
The New Brunswick Association for Community Living is a progressive, employee recommended and team-oriented organization that promotes a strong work-life balance and offers a comprehensive benefits package upon hire.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward resume with a cover letter indicating language skills and fluency no later than Thursday, July 2nd , 2020 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living Inc.
Attn: Kirk Munroe, Human Resources & Administration Manager
800 Hanwell Road
Fredericton, NB E3B 2R7
Fax: (506) 453-4422