The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is leading the creation of opportunities for individuals with an intellectual or developmental disability and their families to live full and valued lives in all aspects of society and is seeking a dynamic, energetic, and enthusiastic individual committed to the vision, values, and philosophy of inclusion. The Transition Facilitator will provide a transition to employment services – transition to work for high school students with an intellectual disability and employment counseling services – moving on to post-secondary studies for individuals with an intellectual disability. The successful candidate will work with high school students (grade 10, 11, and 12) with an intellectual disability in helping develop an action plan and provide job preparation activities for transitioning to work directly from high school as well as students (youth up to 30 years of age) with an intellectual disability wanting to pursue post-secondary studies at NBCC or CCNB.
The Transition Facilitator position will be located in Fredericton, NB but will also be required to travel and provide service to identified high schools of participating students in the Fredericton Area.
- Organizing, coordinating, and managing a person-centered transition planning process;
- Identifying and supporting the goals, needs, interests, and dreams of high school students with an intellectual disability;
- Identify and approach community employers to arrange work experience, summer employment, etc.;
- Provide students the opportunity to learn basic workplace essential skills;
- Ensure follow-up and supports are provided to ensure the transition plan is being carried out, ongoing monitoring;
- Identify and secure external job coaches to provide on-the-job support during work experience placements;
- Refer students to local employment agencies and/or government external service providers;
- Access government funding for supports and services for the student.
- Bilingualism(French & English) is considered mandatory;
- Minimum Bachelor of Arts, Social Sciences, or Education and one year of counseling-related work experience for a total combination of 5 years; or a minimum post-Secondary Diploma/Certificate in related disciplines of Social Sciences, Education, or Human Services and three years of counseling-related work experience for a total combination of 5 years or an equivalent combination of education and experience providing the requisite skills and abilities may be considered;
- Lived experience is an asset;
- Strong computer skills, ability to use Microsoft Office applications, comprehensive internet searches, and the ability to learn new information management systems;
- Ability to travel and provide own transportation;
- Current and Valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Sector Check.
- Knowledge of provincial labor market information, techniques in job searching or knowledge of job search platforms;
- Techniques in resume and cover letter writing, and interviewing;
- Knowledge of Job banks and resources to access job postings;
- Knowledge of Federal/Provincial programs and services;
- Coordination and facilitation skills;
- Demonstrated networking and collaborative team-building skills;
- Ability to work independently and results-oriented;
- Bilingualism (Written & Spoken French and & English) is mandatory.
The New Brunswick Association for Community Living is a progressive, employee-recommended, and team-oriented organization that promotes a strong work-life balance and offers a comprehensive benefits package upon hire including:
- Flex Schedules (Including the option for Hybrid work)
- Work Life / Balance
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Vacation
- Mental Health Days
- Professional Development
- Free Parking
- Paid Lunch Breaks
- Group Insurance Benefits
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your resume with a cover letter to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living Inc.
Attn: Kirk Munroe, Human Resources & Administration Manager
800 Hanwell Road
Fredericton, NB E3B 2R7
Fax: (506) 453-4422
If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process and/or to perform essential job functions, please contact Kirk Munroe.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.