The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is leading the creation of opportunities for individuals with an intellectual or developmental disability and their families to live full and valued lives in all aspects of society and is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic individual committed to the vision, values, and philosophy of inclusion. The Transition Facilitator will work with high school students (grade 10, 11, and 12) with an intellectual disability in helping develop an action plan and provide job preparation activities for transitioning to work directly from high school as well as students (youth up to 30 years of age) with an intellectual disability wanting to pursue post-secondary studies at NBCC or CCNB.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organizing, coordinating, and managing a person-centered transition planning process;
- Identifying and supporting the goals, needs, interests, and dreams of high school students with an intellectual disability;
- Identify and approach community employers to arrange work experience, summer employment, etc.;
- Provide students the opportunity to learn basic workplace essential skills;
- Ensure follow-up and supports are provided to ensure the transition plan is being carried out, ongoing monitoring;
- Identify and secure external job coaches to provide on-the-job support during work experience placements;
- Refer students to local employment agencies and/or government external service providers;
- Access government funding for supports and services for the student.
- Minimum Bachelor of Arts, Social Sciences, or Education and one year of counseling-related work experience for a total combination of 5 years; or a minimum post-Secondary Diploma/Certificate in related disciplines of Social Sciences, Education, or Human Services and three years of counseling-related work experience for a total combination of 5 years or an equivalent combination of education and experience providing the requisite skills and abilities may be considered;
- Strong computer skills, ability to use Microsoft Office applications, comprehensive internet searches, and the ability to learn new information management systems;
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle necessary for daily work-related duties and ability to travel throughout the province;
- Current and Valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Sector Check;
- Bilingualism (French & English) is mandatory.
The New Brunswick Association for Community Living is a progressive, employee-recommended, and team-oriented organization that promotes a strong work-life balance and offers a comprehensive benefits package upon hire.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your resume with a cover letter indicating language skills and fluency no later than Wednesday, July 28, 2021 to the:
New Brunswick Association for Community Living Inc.
Attn: Kirk Munroe, Human Resources & Administration Manager
800 Hanwell Road
Fredericton, NB E3B 2R7
Fax: (506) 453-4422