Introduces definitions and historical context related to intellectual disability, mental health, advocacy and human rights. It is important for those working with individuals with ID to understand this population’s vulnerability to psychological stress and the development of mental health concerns. This module is designed to provide foundational information and knowledge regarding dual diagnosis, as well as person-centered approaches to service and care.
- Intellectual Disability, Mental Health and Rights-Based Approaches
- Essential Communication Skills
- Assessment Processes
- Intervention and Treatment
- Individual Planning Considerations
- Grief and Bereavement Supports and Interventions
- Promoting Resiliency