Inclusion NB is leading the creation of opportunities for individuals with an intellectual or developmental disability to live full and valued lives in all aspects of society. We are seeking motivated community members to serve on the Inclusion NB Board of Directors for a three-year term (with a renewal opportunity of one additional three-year term). Our Board is comprised of 15 dedicated community members from across the province.
Role of an Inclusion NB Board Member
Inclusion NB is a strong governance and policy Board. We are seeking committed volunteers to support the advancement of an inclusive New Brunswick for individuals with an intellectual or developmental disability.
This year we have four (4) vacancies:
- Regional Representative North West (Edmundston/Grand Falls/Perth Andover)
- Self-Advocate/Family Member Fundy (Saint John/Charlotte County)
- Community member Fundy (Saint John/Charlotte County)
- Regional Representative Fundy (Saint John/Charlotte County)
* Please note:
The role of Board Treasurer is currently vacant and will be tied to one of the above opportunities. Financial and/or accounting certification or accreditation is required.
A Regional Representative is a Board member aligned with our vision and mission. They have been elected for the specific purpose of representing the interests of one or more communities within their geographically designated region. They will bring forward the perspective of the region they represent.
A Self-Advocate/Family Member is a Board member aligned with our vision and mission. They have been elected for their perspective of lived experience and to ensure that the perspectives and voices of people with an intellectual or developmental disability and their families are heard and reflected in the work and decisions of the Board.
A Community Member is a Board member aligned with our vision and mission. They have been elected to fill valuable skill sets that bring different strengths, talents, and abilities to the board.
All Inclusion NB Board members will be supported by the Executive Officer in the way that works best for them to enable full participation.
Key Attributes of an Inclusion NB Board Member
- Lived experience (self-advocate, family member)
- Shares Inclusion NB’s core values and philosophy of inclusion
- Experience in setting strategic direction, developing policy and governance
- Experience in risk management and financial oversight
- Experience in supporting the work and building relationships with an Executive Director/CEO
We are also currently recruiting Board members with the following specific skillsets:
- Financial and/or accounting expertise
- Human resources expertise
Responsibilities of an Inclusion NB Board Member
- Attend quarterly Board meetings and additional meetings as they arise (most meetings are virtual with 1-2 in-person meetings per year)
- Contribute to the strategic direction
- Serve on committees and/or special assignments.
- Committees include:
- Governance Committee
- Inclusion Committee
- Stakeholders Relations Committee
- Inclusive Education Committee
- Promote the vision
- Direct and support the work of Inclusion NB
If you are interested in joining the Inclusion NB team, would like to recommend a candidate, or would like more information about this volunteer opportunity, please contact:
Nomination Committee Staff Support
Tel: 506.453.8635 Toll Free: 1.866.622.2548 ext. 2224
This call for nominations will remain open until July 31st, 2023